Manual HandlingTo participate in this course, please get in contact with us here.
Demonstrate the practices of safe manual handling and lifting. To cover the main provisions of all relevant legislation.
Who should attend:
All personnel who are at risk through carrying out manual handling tasks as part of their day to day work.
Delegates per course:
- Legislation Governing Manual Handling
- Duties of employers
- Duties of employees
- Identifying the load
- Anatomy of the spine
- Principles of good movement
- Kinetic Lifting
- Types and causes of injury
- Practical applications of lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying
- Multiple choice theory questionnaire
- Practical lifting exercise *
Half Day (Courses of longer duration available on request)
On successful completion of this course, a CIT Certificate will be issued.
Refresher training is recommended after three years.
*The practical exercise will be pre-agreed with the client so as to simulate as closely as practicable, actual work situations.
To participate, please get in contact with us here.