IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental ManagementTo participate in this course, please get in contact with us here.
IEMA Associate Certificate in Environmental Management
This course ensures that people in positions of responsibility appreciate the environmental issues relating to their working processes and develop an understanding of how to manage them. It covers the management of environmental issues, legal requirements, water, air, land and environmental management issues and controls.
Who should attend:
This course has been designed for people who have either a responsibility for, or general interest in environmental issues, the management of same and the implications of such issues for their organisation.
- To understand the issues, science and philosophy that underpins environmental sustainability.
- Identify ways to incorporate environmental issues into the management of an organisation.
- To identify relevant legislation for an organisation and take steps towards ensuring compliance.
- To understand the role of various analytical and managerial tools and the assessment, interpretation and management of environmental performance.
- To understand the key elements of an environmental management system.
Delegates per course:
Up to 20 candidates
1. Environmental Sustainability - Earth's Natural Resources and Capabilities
- Business and Environment
- Waste Reduction
- Effects of Escapes and Releases
- Pollution Prevention and Control
- Towards Sustainability
2. Environmental Legislation - International, European and National Legislation
- Instruments for change
- Enforcing Authorities
- Controls on Emissions to the Atmosphere
- Controls on Discharges to the Water Environment
- Controls on the Management of Contained Waste
- Issues relating to Contaminated Land
- Storage of Hazardous Materials
- Producer Responsibility
3. Assessment, Interpretation and Management of Environmental Performance - Environmental Management Systems Benefits
- Environmental Management Systems Initial Review
- Environmental Audit
- Identification and assessment of Environmental Impacts
- Environmental Communication
- Life Cycle Analysis
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Risk Assessment
Successful completion of the course leads to Associate Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management (IEMA).The course assessment consists of the following two compulsory elements: A written practical assignment is undertaken at the candidate's place of work. This must be submitted to CIT within 2 weeks of the end of week 1 of the course. A 2 1/2 hour open book examination is taken on the last day of the course.
To participate in this course, please get in contact with us here.